Definition of Terms
Stardom "Competition" is created and managed by the "Competition Administrators" and can be entered by a "Competitor".
The "Competition Administrator" is defined as one or more designated officers who have the responsibility, by their respective committees, of scheduling and running a Competition in a stipulated location within the Commonwealth of Australia.
"Competitor" is defined as the entity who either books an entry in a "Competition" on their own behalf or on behalf of others whom they are directly responsible for, such as parents or teachers.
“Trend Logic” refers to the company that owns and operates “Stardom”. Throughout the remainder of this document this entity will be referred to as "we", "our" and "us". Full details for Trend Logic are:
Trend Logic Pty. Ltd.
ABN 59 167 815 410
PO BOX 502, Bendigo VIC 3552
P: (03) 5444 2610
“Stardom” refers to the Competition Management website at https://www.stardom.com.au. It is an online service owned and operated by the directors, management and employees of “Trend Logic”.
"User" includes "Competition Administrators", "Competitors" or any other entity that accesses “Stardom”.
wherein we will investigate your claim and take any actions we judge appropriate at our sole discretion.
Using the Stardom Website
- Trend Logic is not liable for any loss or damage that may arise from completing an entry or any other activities relating to this website.
- Trend Logic cannot exchange or refund a Competition entry or any fees and charges associated with that entry. This is the sole responsibility of each Competition. Please contact the Competition administrators directly.
- An administration fee can be applied to the competition entries made through Stardom and will be visible during the entry process and on the Tax Invoice provided. The base fee is $2 (ex GST) and will be payable to the Competition along with all other fees and charges. The base fee is used for the upkeep, support and ongoing development of Stardom. On top of the base fee, each Competition may elect to apply an additional administration fee to cover other costs associated with running the event. The setting and occurrence of this fee (above the base $2) is at the discretion of each Competition and any questions relating to any administration fee should be taken up with the administrators of the given Competition.
- A Competition is cancelled, postponed or altered for any reason, no obligation is assumed by Trend Logic for the arranging of any substitute, refund or other compensation, monetary or otherwise, which may apply. The way in which the cancellation process is conducted is not the responsibility of Trend Logic, but the sole responsibility of the "Competition Administrators".
- Trend Logic is in no way to be held responsible for the way in which the Competition is conducted, or the conditions under which the Competition is held, or any other issues that may arise from the Competition. If, however, a Competition listed in Stardom is deemed by Trend Logic to not be acceptable in either its content or intent, then Trend Logic reserves the right to ban the Competition and the Competition Administrator from further use of Stardom.
- It is the responsibility of the Competition Administrator to monitor and manage competitor entries. If any disagreement arises between the Competitor and the Competition Administrator regarding entry of said Competition, it is the Competition Administrator's responsibility to seek a resolution.
- Competition Administrators are only authorised to visit, view and retain a copy of pages provided in Stardom for their own use, and not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material in Stardom for any purpose other than to review Competition information for the sole purpose of managing the Competition, unless otherwise specifically authorised to do so by either Trend Logic or the specific Competitor, when the use of such data relates to a specific individual or the legal guardians or teachers of said individuals.
- The content and software on this Site is the property of Trend Logic and is protected by Australian and International copyright laws.
- Competition Administrators must not include any hyperlink or reference within the description page of a Stardom Competition that may be deemed to be blatantly biased towards them gaining some form of commercial gain that is outside the immediate scope of the said Competition or as previously discussed with Trend Logic.
- Trend Logic will terminate the account of any Competition Administrator who uses Stardom to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license or express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so. In particular, Competition Administrators who submit content to Stardom, whether articles, images, software or other copyrightable material, must ensure that the content they upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or publicity rights). After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to Trend Logic, and confirmation through court order or admission by the Competition Administrator that they have used Stardom as an instrument of unlawful infringement, Trend Logic will terminate the infringing Competition Administrator's membership. Trend Logic may also in its sole discretion, decide to terminate a Competition Administrator's account prior to that time, if it is believed that the alleged infringement has occurred.
- By way of a general disclaimer, Trend Logic cannot guarantee that Stardom will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of Stardom or any content, search or link on it. Stardom and its content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. Although every effort will be made to the contrary, Trend Logic cannot ensure that files downloaded from Stardom will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. Trend Logic will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental and punitive and consequential damages. Trend Logic makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of this website.
- Stardom's content may at any stage reference or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. Trend Logic has no control over these sites or the content within them. Trend Logic cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in Stardom is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. Trend Logic does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor warrant that a third party site will not contain viruses or otherwise impact on the User’s computer. If you use any of these links, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against Trend Logic for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of these links on Stardom. If you have an issue with any link on Stardom, please notify Trend Logic and we will investigate your claim and take any actions we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
- Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, on no occasion will Trend Logic be liable to any Competition Administrator for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits, even if Trend Logic has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Competition Administrator must agree to indemnify and hold Trend Logic, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Stardom, including also the use of Stardom to provide a link to another site or to upload content or other information to Stardom.
- Each Competition Administrator will apply their own individualised payment options to complete an entry in the selected competitions. These may include:
- Cash, Cheque or Money Order: if available, will require the competitor to print the Stardom (Tax) Invoice and either mail in or hand deliver the attached payment to the Competition Administrator. Note, it is highly recommended that cash not be sent via mail.
- Direct Deposit: if available, the Competition Administrators will clearly include on the Tax Invoice the Bank, BSB and Account Number of the Competition. A direct deposit or transfer may then be processed through the Competitor’s Internet or Phone Banking account. Such payments must include the Invoice Number provided on the Tax Invoice document, to enable the Competition Administrator to verify payment in Stardom.
- Credit Card (Competition account): if established by the Competition Administrators, credit card payment facilities may have been established through PayPal or a Bank Merchant account. Credit Card payments may then be processed through these facilities. On the competitor statement, the (abbreviated) name of the Competition should appear against the payment amount.
- Credit Card (Stardom Competitions account): if requested by Competition Administrators, credit card payment facilities may be provided via the Stardom Online Merchant account, as established through the National Australia Bank (NAB). On the competitor statement, either “Stardom Comps” or “Stardom Competitions” will appear as the vendor, regardless of the Competition that has been entered. Funds collected on behalf of the Competition, by Trend Logic, will be held in a NAB account and will be distributed to the Competition’s bank account, with accompanying detailed statement sent to the Competition Administrator, on a periodic basis.
- Purchase Order Number: if available, Schools or other approved organisations, may be given the option to quote a purchase order number throughout the entry process. The order number will be entered into Stardom and will be used by the Competition Administrators to prompt for full payment at a future date.
- In some cases, particularly where the Competition Administrators are enforcing a 100% credit card payment policy, an entry “timeout” may be applied. After the timeout has been reached, without payment being received, the entry may be deleted. Deleted entries may be reinstated by Competition Administrators, if they are particularly complex and have taken considerable time to be reinstated. This is purely at the discretion of the Competition Administrators.
- The Stardom website will never collect credit card details. In all cases, the responsibility of collecting and processing such payments is passed on to a bank or compliant third part such as PayPal. Note, however, Trend Logic will attempt to resolve any query a user may have if their credit card withdrawal is tagged with a “Stardom” label. Please email the last 4 digits of your credit card and the date of the transaction and the reason you do not believe the transaction is valid. If the transaction is fraudulent you may need to negotiate with your card provider. If it was misused to pay for an entry you will need to seek reversal from the relevant Competition organisation.